Academic Leaders Toolkit
University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges Receives 2017 Inaugural Bernice Joseph Award at the Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders Annual Meeting
Pictured left to right: Kathleen Meckel, Peter Quigley and Paul Sakamoto of University of Hawai`i Community Colleges, and Peter Pinney of University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Boulder, Colorado – The Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders (the Alliance) presented the 2017 Bernice Joseph Award to the University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges for its Sector Mapping Tool on Thursday, March 23, in Long Beach, California, during the Alliance’s Annual Meeting. This award recognizes the institution or organization whose tool was selected from those submitted to the Academic Leaders Toolkit during the academic year for its innovation, problem-solving capability, potential for impact, and replicability in the two-year institution sector.
The Academic Leaders Toolkit provides a repository of useful tools to assist academic leaders in their decision making role. Through this exchange of ideas, colleagues aid one another in advancing the academic missions of higher education institutions, systems, and states in the WICHE region and beyond. Submissions are peer reviewed before being added to the repository.
- Register to create an account - Link at the right.
- Login to the system using your new login.
- Click "Submit a Tool" and fill out the form
- Under "Submission Status" you can either save your work to finish later or choose submit for review.
- Hit Save at the bottom.
To Submit a Tool
THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES:
- Detailed best practices focused on specific topics
- Decision making tools including
- The context, setting and characteristics of institution(s) that have developed and used them
- Outcomes from using them
- Lessons learned
- Contact information of those who have developed and used them